Saturday 17 August 2013

Requested Nostalgic Review: Inception

People try and never over-hype things. But when you see a trailer of a film made by Christopher Nolan, with a scene of buildings falling in on each other, the laws of physics being broken on multiple occasions and involving an all-star cast. You just cannot help yourself by forcing out the child geek inside of you.

Just when you thought The Dark Knight was Nolan's pinnacle. That was just the first course. This epic main course just over-flows every skill and knowledge Nolan has. Everything about it is so refreshing, even more than Avatar was the year before.

There are obviously a huge amount of positives, but the biggest one for me was the editing that managed to make every scene action-packed that made sure you were literally gripped and sucked in from start to finish. It is not just the story, but the performances make this movie great also. Leonardo DiCaprio leads this mind-bending epic and I cannot believe that he STILL has not won an Oscar. After this, I am now dreading that he surely can't star in a future film better than this one. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is proving to us now, that he is becoming an impressive actor and Nolan has definitely shown his potential. Tom Hardy is becoming a big new favorite of mine and like Gordon-Levitt, I think he can will be in a few more Nolan films. Another Nolan regular is Cillian Murphy whose creepy style is loved by many and I will happily see that character a few more times. One final mention of great performances was Marion Cotillard who was simply brilliant as the scary Mal.

No matter how many times I watch this, it still amazes me that this whole story can be presented so perfectly and that it has been loved by millions.

It is the most perfect film I have ever seen since V For Vendetta which was 8 years ago. I am so pleased that film-makers showed us that summer blockbusters don't have to be dumb and stupid to be successful. I cannot recommend this film anymore then I have done. So I'll just finish by saying, see it! I hope you will love it, but I don't mind if you don't. I just want people to at least experience this film-making genius at his best.

Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment