Friday 2 December 2016

My Top 100: Songs from Walt Disney Animation Studios Films

Disney has become etched in pretty much all of our childhoods. That would also include the many songs involved in most of the films from this studio. So I decided to create my own list.

I had to set myself a few ground rules for this particular list.

I looked through all 59 (yes all 59) films made by Walt Disney Animation Studios to find all the songs that would qualify into the list.
It was hard to decide on some if they were seen as songs or not. A good example in 'The Walrus And The Carpenter' in Alice In Wonderland. It was more of a story then a song. It did have singing in it. But it was fairly spread out over the story. So I had to be cruel and leave that one out.

There were also some songs that I had to discount as they were simply too short. Ones that I hated disqualifying from this list was 'Sailor's Hornpipe/Caucus Race' from Alice In Wonderland and 'Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale' from Cinderella, and I really enjoy them.

However, I am including songs that were may not have been sung by the characters, but made for the film. A good example to make sense of it this is the Phil Collins used in Tarzan. While they were not sung by the characters. They were solely made for that particular film.

It was clear that I cannot do just a top 10 list as there are so many good ones. I was originally going for the classic music chart number of 40. But there so many good ones, that I decided to do a top 100 instead.

Films that had songs in them that missed out on this list, were Bolt, Home On The Range, Lilo & Stitch, Meet The Robinsons, Saludos Amigos, The Emperor's New Groove, The Rescuers, Treasure Planet and Winnie The Pooh.

Films that got all their songs in my top 100 are Beauty And The Beast, Robin Hood, Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, Tarzan, The Hunchback Of Notre Dame, The Lion King and Zootropolis (even though there's only one song in it).

Only 8 villain songs made the cut. A few songs that sadly missed out that I stilled like were "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" from Mulan, "On My Way" from Brother Bear, "Gaston" from Beauty And The Beast - Gaston, "Two Silhouettes" from Make Mine Music, "With A Smile And A Song" and "Someday My Prince Will Come" from Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, "Katrina" from The Adventures Of Ichabod & Mr. Toad, "The Three Caballeros" from The Three Caballeros and "The World's Greatest Criminal Mind" from The Great Mouse Detective.

So here is my top 100:
100) Moana - Where You Are
99) Alice In Wonderland - Alice In Wonderland
98) Robin Hood - Not In Nottingham
97) Dumbo - Song Of The Roustabouts
96) Fun And Fancy Free - My Favourite Dream
95) Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs - The Silly Song
94) Melody Time - Blue Shadows On The Trail
93) Robin Hood - Love
92) Mulan - Reflection
91) The Fox And The Hound - Best Of Friends
90) The AristoCats - Scales And Arpeggios
89) Cinderella - A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
88) The Great Mouse Detective - Let Me Be Good To You
87) Hercules - The Gospel Truth
86) Alice In Wonderland - In A World Of My Own
85) Melody Time - Once Upon A Wintertime
84) Robin Hood - The Phony King Of England
83) The Jungle Book - Colonel Hathi's March
82) Moana - We Know The Way
81) The Princess And The Frog - Friends On The Other Side
80) The Adventures Of Ichabod & Mr. Toad - The Headless Horseman
79) Moana - I Am Moana
78) Mulan - I'll Make A Man Out Of You
77) Bambi - Little April Shower
76) Lilo & Stitch - He Mele No Lilo
75) Lilo & Stitch - Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride
74) Frozen - Love Is An Open Door
73) Moana - You're Welcome
72) Frozen - Do You Want To Build A Snowman?
71) Tangled - Mother Knows Best
70) One Hundred And One Dalmatians - Cruela De Vil
69) The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh - Winnie The Pooh
68) Bambi - Love Is A Song
67) Moana - How Far I'll Go
66) Aladdin - Prince Ali
65) Tarzan - Trashin' The Camp
64) Make Mine Music - Johnny Fedora And Alice Bluebonnet
63) Pinocchio - I've Got No Strings
62) Pinocchio - When You Wish Upon A Star
61) Cinderella - The Work Song
60) Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs - I'm Wishing/One Song
59) Dumbo - When I See An Elephant Fly
58) The Jungle Book - The Bare Necessities
57) Lady And The Tramp - He's A Tramp
56) Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs - Heigh-Ho
55) Lady And The Tramp - La La Lu
54) The Hunchback Of Notre Dame - A Guy Like You
53) Dumbo - Look Out For Mister Stork
52) Pocahontas - Just Around The Riverbend
51) Tangled - When Will My Life Begin?
50) Frozen - For The First Time In Forever
49) The Hunchback Of Notre Dame - The Court Of Miracles
48) The Sword In The Stone - Higitus Figitus
47) The AristoCats - Thomas O'Malley Cat
46) Hercules - Go The Distance
45) Beauty And The Beast - Be Our Guest
44) Zootropolis - Try Everything
43) Cinderella - So This Is Love
42) Beauty And The Beast - Something There
41) Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs - Whistle While You Work
40) Hercules - One Last Hope
39) Robin Hood - Whistle Stop/Oo De Lally
38) Peter Pan - Following The Leader
37) The Hunchback Of Notre Dame - God Help The Outcasts
36) The Jungle Book - My Own Home
35) The Little Mermaid - Part Of Your World
34) Aladdin - Friend Like Me
33) The Hunchback Of Notre Dame - Topsy Turvy
32) The Hunchback Of Notre Dame - Heaven's Light/Hellfire
31) The Lion King - Be Prepared
30) The Hunchback Of Notre Dame - The Bells Of Notre Dame
29) Sleeping Beauty - Once Upon A Dream
28) Alice In Wonderland - All In The Golden Afternoon
27) Dumbo - Pink Elephants On Parade
26) Hercules - I Won't Say
25) The AristoCats - Ev'rybody Wants To Be A Cat
24) Frozen - Vuelie
23) The Lion King - Can You Feel The Love Tonight
22) Beauty And The Beast - Beauty And The Beast
21) The Lion King - Hakuna Matata
20) Hercules - Zero To Hero
19) The Lion King - I Just Can't Wait To Be King
18) The Lion King - Circle Of Life
17) Oliver & Company - Why Should I Worry
16) Tarzan - Son Of Man
15) Beauty And The Beast - The Mob Song
14) Tangled - I See The Light
13) Frozen - Let It Go
12) The Little Mermaid - Poor Unfortunate Souls
11) The Little Mermaid - Under The Sea

10) Tarzan - Two Worlds 















9) Tarzan - Strangers Like Me















8) The Little Mermaid - Kiss The Girl 















7) The Jungle Book - I Wan'na Be Like You - 















6) Lady And The Tramp - Bella Notte 















5) Tarzan - You'll Be In My Heart














4) The Hunchback Of Notre Dame - Out There















3) Beauty And The Beast - Belle















2) Aladdin - A Whole New World















1) Pocahontas - Colors Of The Wind

No comments:

Post a Comment