Sunday 26 February 2017

The 2017 DJG Movie Awards

It is time for what is now my third DJG Movie Awards to see if I can continue to get better nominees and winners than the Academy Awards themselves.
Like last time, I truly feel that my nominations look so much better than a bunch of old gentleman in Los Angeles could create. But to be fair, I am not far off what they have conjured up.

All of the categories from last year are back. But I have added a few more once again. I have decided to create awards for the best trailer and scene/moment. I thought of adding one for a trailer as I feel that has become as essential as the film itself. It is rare to find really good trailers now, as most of them give the game away far too easily. So what I am looking for a in good trailer, is one that highly excites me whilst not giving much away. That for me is what a trailer should and need to be.
As for best scene/moment. It was not one that I was originally thinking of. But there have been times in these last couple of years that have made me think of the best moment of any film. Like for example, if this award was around last year, I would have given to Room. To avoid spoilers, I have titled the scene or moment to something that relates to the scene, but still does not spoil that scene entirely for people who have yet to have seen it.

I try to narrow my categories down to 5 nominees, except for Best Film which is 10. But I have struggled to narrow down the nominees in both of my new categories. I just could not decide which ones I should take out.

Here is the full list of the winners (in bold) and nominees. Let me know what you think and if you agree with them:


BEST EDITING:
Arrival
Hunt For The Wilderpeople
Jackie
Lion
Sing Street


BEST COSTUME DESIGN & MAKEUP:
Hacksaw Ridge
Jackie
Rogue One
Star Trek Beyond
The Neon Demon


BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN:
Hail, Caesar!
Jackie
La La Land
Kubo And The Two Strings
The Neon Demon


BEST VISUAL EFFECTS:
Kubo And The Two Strings
Rogue One
The BFG
The Jungle Book
Warcraft: The Beginning

BEST SCORE & SOUNDTRACK:
Justin Hurwitz - La La Land
Mark Mancina - Moana
John Carney, Gary Clark, Adam Levine - Sing Street
Yeong-Wook Jo - The Handmaiden
Cliff Martinez - The Neon Demon


BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY:
Hunt For The Wilderpeople
Jackie
La La Land
The Handmaiden
The Neon Demon


BEST SCREENPLAY:
Captain Fantastic
Deadpool
Fences
Miss Sloane
The Edge Of Seventeen

BEST TRAILER:
10 Cloverfield Lane
Deadpool
Free Fire
Hail, Caesar!
The Jungle Book
The Neon Demon

BEST SCENE/MOMENT:
Would That It Were So Simple - Hail, Caesar!
Live TV Debate - Miss Sloane
The Verdict - OJ: Made In America
Bad-Ass Vader - Rogue One
Drive It Like You Stole It - Sing Street

BEST ACTING ENSEMBLE:
Everybody Wants Some!!
Fences
Free Fire
La La Land
Sing Street


BEST SUPPORTING FEMALE:
Viola Davis - Fences
Hayley Squires - I, Daniel Blake
Michelle Williams - Manchester By The Sea
Naomie Harris - Moonlight
Bella Heathcote - The Neon Demon


BEST SUPPORTING MALE:
Sharlto Copley - Free Fire
Ben Foster - Hell Or High Water
Lucas Hedges - Manchester By The Sea
Issei Ogata - Silence
Jack Reynor - Sing Street

BEST LEADING FEMALE:
Rebecca Hall - Christine
Isabelle Huppert - Elle
Natalie Portman - Jackie
Jessica Chastain - Miss Sloane
Tae-Ri Kim - The Handmaiden


BEST LEADING MALE:
Viggo Mortensen - Captain Fantastic
Ryan Reynolds - Deadpool
Denzel Washington - Fences
Sunny Pawar - Lion
James McAvoy - Split


BEST DIRECTOR:
Denis Villeneuve - Arrival
Tim Miller - Deadpool
Damien Chazelle - La La Land
Ezra Edelman - OJ: Made In America
John Carney - Sing Street



BEST FILM:
Arrival
Captain Fantastic
Deadpool
OJ: Made In America
Sing Street
Split
Supersonic
The Red Turtle
Your Name
Zootropolis

Total list of winners
4  - La La Land
3  - Arrival
2  - Captain Fantastic
      Sing Street
1  - 10 Cloverfield Lane
      Fences
      Jackie
      The Jungle Book
      The Neon Demon

Total list of nominations
7  - Sing Street
6  - The Neon Demon
5 -  Deadpool
      Jackie
      La La Land
4  - Fences
3  - Arrival
      Captain Fantastic
      Free Fire
      Hail, Caesar!
      Miss Sloane
      OJ: Made In America
      Rogue One
      The Handmaiden
2  - Hunt For The Wilderpeople
      Kubo And The Two Strings
      Lion
      Manchester By The Sea
      Split
      The Jungle Book
1  - 10 Cloverfield Lane
      Christine
      Elle
      Everybody Wants Some!!
      Hacksaw Ridge
      Hell Or High Water
      I, Daniel Blake
      Moana
      Moonlight
      Silence
      Star Trek Beyond
      Supersonic
      The BFG
      The Edge Of Seventeen
      The Red Turtle
      Warcraft: The Beginning
      Your Name
      Zootropolis

No comments:

Post a Comment