Wednesday 15 November 2017

Review: It's Not Yet Dark

I'm not sure, but I think this might be my first review for a film documentary.

If it is, then I'm surprised it's taken me this long. The documentary genre has now become part of every other film category. They have become very cinematic and get regular theatrical releases.

With this documentary, it is quite the story and it is executed really well whilst being brilliantly narrated by Colin Farrell.

I think what made this film documentary exceptional, gripping and emotional was that the people involved with this terrible disease were educated in the art of either film-making or story-telling and they knew the best way to express their feelings. With the right words, you can tell that it came from the heart.
The determination of the central character reminded me of a similar film documentary called 'The Ecstasy Of Wilko Johnson’. That never-say-die attitude that gave it that feel-good vibe despite covering a serious matter.


Some documentaries can have inspiring stories, but are never told in the right way. This had it all. It excellently portrayed what they were truly feeling and that just enhanced the astonishing achievement at the end.
It's stories like this that make want to live your life, because if they can do what they did with their boundaries, then I can with my fully abled body.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment