Thursday 27 February 2020

Review: 21 Bridges

After directing the highest grossing film of all-time back in April, how do you react with your next project?

I guess in the case of Anthony & Joe Russo, you just carry on. However, this particular project sees them as producers.

At the helm for this is a man called Brian Kirk, who is more known for his TV work.

What I was liking about this one the most, was the refreshing hard-boiled vibe it was giving off. It's not often that I see a new release crime mystery thriller with a hard edge to it.

It was strange and highly satisfying hearing Chadwick Boseman talk in a much clearer voice compared to his Black Panther character, which I remember having a initially tune my ears to. I liked his story arch, the way it was developed and his chemistry with the supporting cast.
Everyone else did a pretty solid job and it was nice seeing Sienna Miller, Taylor Kitsch, Stephen James and J.K. Simmons add to the star power.

I'm going to make this short and sweet and there is still to say about this film. But that's not a bad thing.
Everything

The concept is simple yet one that bring in a strong of general cinema-goers and everything is done to a satisfying level.
I felt this was a solid crime thriller that while it may not bring anything new to the genre, it's efficient execution of its set-up still makes it an exciting watch with solid action and some nice twists and turns that keep the story moving.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment