Friday 11 December 2020

Review: Kill It And Leave This Town

We have another film where I have no idea how to review this let alone introduce it.

I think what intrigued me to this was the strange choice of animation and some of the surreal imagery that I saw in small clips beforehand.

After seeing it, I think if I knew I was going have that kind of viewing experience, I wouldn't have checked this out.

It took me a long time before I began feel anything for the film or even work out the story and its themes.

I can tell it's a very personal creation that certainly has an audience for it somewhere in the world. But it is most definitely not a highly accessible feature.

I'd be lying if I said I was pretty confused by this. I eventually got something out of it in the end. So by the time I got a grasp of what film is portraying, I somewhat appreciated it. The animation and imagery is effectively disturbing, and almost as if I was watching a nightmare.

But I still struggled to be interested or engaged by it. It wasn't helped that it is pretty depressing through out and I felt nothing for the characters.

The animation I think fits the tone of the film. It was almost like watching a Pink Floyd or Beatles video. The vibe felt like a poor man's Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas. So I would definitely put it in the category of 'it's better when you're high watching it'.

To conclude, it's not rubbish. There is something there to talk about and appreciate. But I just did not feel anything for it to give it a pass unfortunately.

Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment