Tuesday 17 May 2016

Nostalgic Review: The Wolverine

I remember choosing not to go and see this at the cinemas. The trailer did not inspire me enough and I was not interested in another Wolverine solo movie.

But when I eventually bought it on DVD, there was some parts of it that I was not expecting and was interested to see develop throughout the movie.
Sadly, for the most part it is what I was expecting. It was fine to watch. It just was not that memorable.

Hugh Jackman is great as usual. He does keep you interested in watching the rest of this, especially with his comedic moments. The rest of the performances are not anything spectacular. But they do the job well and it was to see some of Japan's biggest stars involved in a superhero film. The part of the film that I was not expecting did feature a returning character that I was happy to see. I won't spoil it as I don't think it was in any of the trailers.

I could be harsh and say that this was a pointless movie and I think it truly is in the end. You struggle to care for the characters outside of Wolverine. I would not say it is the weakest in the franchise. But for me, it is certainly the least enjoyable. The film is not bad. It does everything you expect it to a satisfactory standard. If you go into this film with as low expectations as I did, then you would probably get the most enjoyment possible.

There is a mid-credits, and it is a pretty cool one and easily the best part of the film. However, when you add the events from the franchise into it, it pretty much does not make sense as to how this connects with everything else we have seen.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment