Friday 9 November 2018

Review: Won't You Be My Neighbor?

The name Fred Rogers is a name that we do not know that well over here in the UK.

I am only aware of him from small clips that are shown of his show from the first two Home Alone films.

From that, I assumed he was this popular kids TV show presenter that seemed teach them a lot about life lessons.
That in a nutshell seems to be case after seeing this film documentary that I gave been eager to see all year due to it getting a large amount of praise.

Despite never being brought up with Mr. Rodgers, this film showed me in thorough detail as to why he touched so many hearts for many generations of Americans in the second half of the 20th century.

It explained the origins of his show well, along with the purposeo of his characters that accompany his show.
He felt like a real-life Mary Poppins or that scene towards the end of Mrs. Doubtfire when she gets her own show.

Seeing the way he thinks, how he talked to children and how he influenced some important media decisions was so surprising.

From someone such as myself from the outside looking in, the film-makers from this documentary, they made me understand why he is the American treasure that he is.

I really enjoyed this, it was put together really well and certainly made me captivated by many moments throughout. Had I been brought up with him, I would probably be loving it as much as America is right now.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment