Tuesday 8 November 2022

Review: The Star Wars Kid

I have memories of when this video went viral. This was pre-social media and pre-You Tube. So getting something viral back then was particularly impressive and new to all of us. 

Nowadays, it's almost daily the amount of content that catches people's interests to the point where it gets millions of views in one day.

When I saw that they made a documentary about it 20 years on, people of my generation will naturally be intrigued.

It gives some interesting context into the origins of the video as well as the aftermath which was never covered in the media that I was aware of.

It also posed questions in online abuse which I never thought of.

Towards the end it did sadly show signs of content fatigue, as they were repeating themselves from earlier discussions. This for me showed not enough content was there to cover a feature length.

But despite it feeling stretched by the end, I thought this was perfectly fine. It did what it needed to do. It gave some insights that I never thought of and it was interesting to see how this incident followed on from its initial success.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment