Monday 25 March 2013

Introduction

Greetings. My name is David Grice, I'm a 23 year-old unemployed graduate. Since graduating from Staffordshire University from studying Sports Journalism, I have had a hard time getting an interview, let alone a full-time job. Whilst trying to get myself noticed in the sport journalism world, I have found a love for movies, and when I mean movies I mean any movie. I've always loved movies, but never pushed myself to watching as many as possible. I also noticed that there no critics in Southport doing reviews. So I plan to become Southport's only film critic.
Since then, I have discovered many new treasures, different genres I have never encountered and new favorite actors/actresses. I have also gone back in time to classics to see what all the fuss is about. I have realised why people love movies like Citizen Kane, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Ben-Hur, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and many many more. Like most people, there are still some supposedly fantastic movies I have never seen yet such as 12 Angry Men, Once Upon A Time In The West, City Of God and The Usual Suspects. I currently have an IMDB.com (International Movie Database) account (http://www.imdb.com/user/ur19860411/) where I have rated over 1,600 movies and made several lists such as my top 10 films of each decade from 1930's to now, my top 10 worst films I've ever seen and my top 100 films I've ever seen. Like all movie-lovers, I always enjoy paying a visit to the cinema. I usually go about once or twice a month, but it's really when I want to see a movie that appeals to me. I also sometimes review movies on my Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/david.john.grice) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/DJGrice) pages. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this blog and give me lots of feedback (good or bad) as I want to learn about being a movie critic. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment