Monday 25 March 2013

Review: Avengers Assemble

An absolute geek-fest! Everything was good about this film and it will remain in the cinemas for a long time this year. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see Thor or Captain America but thankfully there was nothing in it that made me feel that I've missed something.
 I was dreading it could be the Iron Man show. But thankfully everyone was given a chance to show their abilities and everyone contributed beautifully. Thor and Hulk definitely stole the show for me. There was obvious over-the-top action, but it is always expected from a comic-book film. The 3D was absolutely perfect, especially in the final battle scene and is definitely up there with the likes of Hugo and Avatar. There were some great cinematography moments. But I think it will be the visual effects that is there best chance of an Oscar, and I will be surprised if they don’t get nominated. If Transformers can, then the Avengers certainly will. Finally, there is not one, but two scenes during the credits. The first one will blow minds of all hardcore Marvel Comic fans, and is a great start to discussing the sequel. The one post-credits scene was strange, but still funny as connected to a moment in the film. Overall, it is a fantastic film and definitely for me one of only two Marvel films that has surpassed my expectations. The only other one was X-Men: First Class, which I still think is the best Marvel film. This could stay in cinemas well into the summer months and is fantastic for a night out whether you like comics or not. Rating: 8/10

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree, Hulk and Thor stole the show, only a God can go toe to toe with the Hulk! The scene in grand central station was a nice bit of added humour.

    ReplyDelete