Monday 25 March 2013

Review: Looper

Did not even consider this to be one of my films to watch this year. But after seeing the reviews and trailers, I gave it a chance and boy was I glad I went to see it. 

Rian Johnson should definitely stick with sci-fi/action films as he delivered in this fresh, out of the blue, futuristic modern classic. 
The adverts said "This decades Matrix", but I saw more Terminator than Matrix in this. Most of the movie was pretty solid and everyone was performing well. Then when Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character met the villain, everything went a little sinister and dark which was great to watch. 
The ending reminded of the scene in X-Men: The Last Stand and it was getting quite intense. 

The best and cleverest bit of the movie I thought was the way they used the time travel elements of the movie and what their depiction of the future is. It is certainly one I have not seen before.
In the end, I was pleased to have given this a chance and I hope this gets recognized and wins a few awards. Maybe not Oscars, but awards that are worth mentioning.


Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment