Monday 18 November 2019

Review: Children Of The Sea

Ever since introducing myself to Studio Ghibli, I've wanted to expand my knowledge of a genre that continues to grow in popularity.

I've always been amazed by this genre as no matter how crazy the concept sounds, it manages to work.

This one I think might have not quite hit the mark. Once again, this is an ambitious and outlandish concept and it starts off pretty well.
The characters and situation they were in was introduced well and moved along nicely with striking visuals.
Then towards the end, it seemed to get a bit lost with its visuals instead of concluding the story in a cohesive way. As spectacular as the visuals were, you need the story to keep the audience engaged.

Overall, I would say this was pretty decent on the whole. There was enough content in there for me to give it a pass. Most of the story works really well, the story was working with a few vintage anime style of comedy put in there. But there's enough notable flaws to somewhat see it as a missed opportunity, especially the over convoluted final act.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment