Friday 8 November 2019

Review: Fire Will Come

Not much to say about this film as it offered me very little to talk about.

It does have an eery opening with I hoped set the tone for the film. Then after that, it was a bit of a slot for me.

It added little helpful hints to the story. But it wasn't until the final act where my interest returned with some striking imagery.

What this film does have going for it was the cinematography and music. They certainly made the most of its location and made it a character in itself.
Plus the music really enhanced the atmosphere and gave you that sense of unsettlement which I found to be very effective.

But even with the lovely cinematography and evocative score, there wasn't that much of a story.
I can see it was more about 'show don't tell' into how it was telling the story. But there was still very little content for me that could give even us a narrative that I could explain.
When the plot synopsis gave me more info then what the film, you know something didn't work.

Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment