Sunday 17 November 2019

Review: I Lost My Body

It's not often we get animations that have more mature themes. It can be a surreal site for some as they usually associate this genre with kids and family.


This one is probably not suitable for kids due to some of the content. But even if it was, most of them might not understand it and it requires subtitles.


But for everyone else, this film definitely felt like a breathe of fresh air. If it was done in a linear format, most of it would be pretty formulaic. However, the way it ended up, made it for quite compelling viewing.


I liked how much of it was visual storytelling and how the animation seemed to suit the story. The style of the animation might not be breaking new grounds. But it definitely seemed to fit the narrative.


I thought the story was really sweet and yet sad and also poignant. It concentrates on some lost characters and their journey in this film was very watchable.

The ending might not be to everyone's taste. But I felt there was enough hints left in the film to make a good enough conclusion.


Not much else to say outside of the story and animation as there wasn't much budget given to this. So what lacked in production certainly was made up in storytelling.
The music by Dan Levy really added to the emotions and was rather striking at points.


I really enjoyed this. It was quite extraordinary seeing a rather strange story work so well and be very engaging. I don't think I've seen an animation that can produce such a heartfelt reaction.
This is a very accessible film and as far as I am aware, this is going on Netflix. So there's no excuse to discover this hidden gem.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment