Tuesday 16 November 2021

Review: Alien On Stage

I don't know much if anything about amateur dramatics. I'm not sure how amateur it is in all aspects. But when I read the synopsis of this, it sounded so crazy that I just had to check out what's what.


From the very beginning, you can already tell how amateur it is and the cast and crew are just regular people with ordinary jobs and on paper it sounded like something from a sitcom.


Whilst consistently laughing at their realisation of how ridiculous this all is, and cringing at how awkward the scenes are, I was also incredibly nervous. When it suddenly becomes so real, you just can't help but want them to succeed so much.


As the credits rolled, I instantly wanted to watch it again.


It was like 'This Is Spinal Tap' but for real. Seeing just how ordinary the people involved are gave them some such a natural presence that they were all so endearing.


This is a hilarious and heartwarming watch. My face was so sore after laughing and cringing so much. That and along with the strong feel-good vibes it gives off makes this such a rewarding viewing experience that makes this a wonderful accompanying feature to the actual 'Alien'.


Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment