Monday 8 November 2021

Review: Sing A Bit Of Harmony

A lot of you will know that I am always trying to expand my knowledge of different genre's.
One in particular that I've been enjoying expanding my knowledge of, is anime. The Japanese style of animation brings out so much creativity in the imagery and emotion in the characters and writing.

Now, I enter the world of director Yasuhiro Yoshiura. Only their third feature film. But a solid rating on their back catalogue was enough for me to check out their latest project and hopefully find another anime director to keep an eye on.

Everything I got in the end was vintage anime. From the pleasing imagery, to the bonkers story and engaging characters.

It is definitely a story and tone you would only see in anime. No matter how outlandish or flawed the plot is, the commitment of the story and heartfelt emotion that is given makes it all work.

There was not much I can fault. The mix of hand drawn and CGI animation worked for the type of story we got, it's consistently funny, the score is solid and the characters are well developed. My only gripe was the flawed logic that some minor characters made.

But that was not enough to downgrade my enjoyment. I had a lot of fun with this and this will go down well with fans of this genre. I look forward to check out the rest of Yoshiura's previous works.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment