Friday 12 November 2021

Review: Intregalde

This was a bit of a strange watch overall. But nevertheless, there is stuff admire about this.

A part of me feels this was only half a story. But another part of me thinks was an interesting portrayal of how humans behave in these particular situations, and makes the audience think of what they would do.

It even teases us at time that it this break into a horror with dashes of comedy.

There are some good performances by the main cast. I can see Maria Popistasu being the next 'Ripley' like character in a major franchise as the character she portrayed felt strong-willed and very determined. The support by Ilona Brezoianu and Alex Bogan made them a memorable trio.
Stealing the scenes however, was Luca Sabin. Walking a fine line between annoying and hilarious made him stand-out for better and worse.

The imagery is solid and the landscape effectively transports you.

All in all, I'll give it enough of a pass despite me feeling it could have been much more. The strong engagement of the characters make this film work. But the tussle with the story and being undecided if it's good or not, stops me from going any further with my praise.
I cannot see it being a boring watch for a lot of people, but I don't think it has good re-watchability.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment