Tuesday 9 November 2021

Review: Hit The Road

The Iranian film industry has been going from strength or strength in recent years. I've been enjoying what they have to offer both in feature and short forms.


However, it was refreshing to see a feature from this country that had a comedic approach to a story. This is compared to most films from this country that are quiet serious and sometimes tough to watch.


The comedy caught me off guard in a good way and that eased me into the film straight away. I got strong 'Little Miss Sunshine' vibes from this. The style of humour used as well as the quirky characters involved were great value to watch.


The star of the show is child actor Rayan Sarlak. The style of humour given to him and his childish annoyance makes him great value. Also, his chemistry Hasan Majuni's character was entertaining to watch. Constantly trying to out wit each other will feel very relatable to viewers that are parents who have trying to outsmart any chance they get.

Giving us the drama and emotion of the story was thanks to Oantea Panahia's performance.


The moments of heart-breaking drama I felt mixed in well with the comedy. However, I did not feel fully aware as to what was happening in those moments. I had no idea due to the visual storytelling style used. But either I missed something in the dialogue or there was a lack of clarification.


But despite those moments of confusion, I had a surprisingly good time. The comedy and the execution of it gave me great reassurance and you could feel everyone was having a great time filming this.


Iran's film industry continues to expand and if you're struggling for a feel-good watch from this country, this is the one.


Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment